What an amazing beverage. How could the world ever function without it? You laugh, but it's a serious question. Coffee is one of the most traded commodities in the world. Could you imagine a world without it?
We can't either.
Especially since the United States is the world's biggest consumer of coffee with 100 million people having at least one cup a day. So, we tip our hats to a warm (or cold!) cup of Joe and bestow upon you these ten facts about coffee.
10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Coffee
1. Coffee beans are actually the pit of a berry.
2. Brazil is the largest producer of coffee in the world, providing 30% of the world's total output.
3. The country even created a postal stamp that smelled like coffee.
4. Decaf actually has some caffeine in it. It ranges from 3 to 18 milligrams.
5. And dark roast has less caffeine than light roast.
6. Caffeine was once banned from the Olympics by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
7. Drinking coffee can help improve blood flow.
8. New Yorkers drink 7 times more coffee than people in other cities in the U.S.
9. Japan has Cat Cafes--coffee shops where you can hang out with cats.
10. Coffee stays warm 20% longer when cream is added.